Truck Crash Lawyer
A truck accident often leaves devastated lives and families in its wake. Consider the numbers on the national level. In one year alone, more than 380,000 large trucks (gross vehicle weight rating greater than 10,000 pounds) were involved in traffic crashes in the united states. More than 4,000 of these were fatal crashes. Tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, double-trailers (22-wheelers), and large trucks (semi-trucks) can cause devastating injuries when they crash into consumers driving cars, pick-up trucks, and SUVs. These truck accidents are often violent, resulting in a rollover, roof crush, vehicle occupant ejections, and permanent life-changing injuries. It is not uncommon for the truck accident victim to suffer from severe personal injury, including traumatic brain injury (TBI), head injury, spinal injury, or even wrongful death. More on this website
Trucking accidents cause severe harm and losses.
Following a serious semi-accident on our roads, the victim is often left with permanent, life-changing personal injury for a lifetime. The trucking company continues its business. Life for our friends and neighbors continues on. However, the truck accident victim and family struggle with their day-to-day lives, left to pick up the pieces of life, physically, mentally, and financially, and wondering how they will get through it all. Faith and hope certainly play important roles in reaching milestones and overcoming these losses and challenges. Practically, medical treatment, surgery, and therapy all cost large sums. Limited insurance can and will only pay for so much of the required care and treatment, and then the truck accident victim is left to fend for himself or herself.
Where do you turn? What do you do now?
A truck accident caused by truck driver negligence, improper truck maintenance, or other sources of carelessness drastically changes lives forever. The wrongdoers must be held to account for their actions. At our Law Firm, we move to protect your legal rights and fight to obtain just compensation quickly and efficiently to help with your harm and losses. If you or your loved one was injured in some sort of accident, contact us to ensure that your legal rights are protected. When you contact us, you will speak to an experienced accident lawyer. Your information is confidential, and the consult is free. Call us toll-free.
Following a Semi-Truck Accident
Some drivers assume the laws and compensation for incidents, wage loss, etc., are the same regardless of whether you’re hurt in an auto or tractor-trailer crash. There are distinct differences, and understanding them and approaching them correctly is often critical to protecting your rights to just financial compensation to make up for your harms and losses. Here are some tips on dealing with insurance coverage and health care problems you should know in the event you or someone you know is involved in a truck accident:
* Contact police or highway patrol even if it is a minor incident, and get in touch with local police or highway patrol.
* Seek medical attention from first responders such as EMS if you feel pain or discomfort. There may be more going on than you may realize. Let first responders know if you have any pains or discomfort, regardless of how minor they may seem at the scene. Be sure to report even minor pain or discomfort at the scene. Substantial personal injury is often masked early on, and failure to let others know, especially law enforcement and emergency medical personnel at the scene, will result in the truck company’s insurance carrier disputing your injuries later on when the personal injury symptoms are full-blown.
* Obtain witness information. While obtaining the info for any passengers and witnesses in the truck accident is important, it all depends on how you feel at the scene. If you are hurt, you’re not in a position to start assembling witness information, let alone other evidence. So, if you’re injured, focus on getting well. Allow law enforcement to do their job and preliminarily obtain witness information. Unfortunately, we know from experience that law enforcement does not often obtain all relevant witness information and rarely photographs the scene. So, if you are able, contact a friend or family member or our Law Firm to go to the scene, photograph the crash scene, and interview available witnesses. If witness details aren’t preserved at the scene or missing from the police investigation, they can be difficult to find later on. So, contact our Law Firm to obtain witness information, gather evidence, and represent your interests.
* Notify your vehicle insurance company promptly. There’s a time limit to notify your very own insurance coverage firm of your truck accident and to file an application to obtain compensation (personal injury protection insurance, or PIP benefits) for your health care bills up to $10,000. After PIP is finished, you’re on your own, or your health insurance steps in. Applying for compensation and your insurance coverage corporation is essential for safeguarding your rights, even if your injuries do not seem severe. An experienced accident attorney can help at this stage. Call our Law Firm toll-free to start the insurance paperwork to ensure prompt compensation and adequately fulfill your truck accident lawsuit requirements. However, the reality is that all of the PIP benefits will probably be exhausted or spent, paying for the hospital stay. The remaining bills will be your responsibility to pay.
* After a serious semi-truck accident, contact our accident injury Law Firm to retain an experienced attorney. Trucking businesses are required by federal and state law to keep records of safety inspections and drivers hours. Since bad gear and driver fatigue trigger numerous truck accidents, these records could prove liability towards the trucking company. But right after a certain period, trucking businesses can legally dispose of pre-trip inspection documents and logbooks. That’s just one essential way a truck crash differs greatly from a car accident. We recommend that you hire a truck accident lawyer (personal injury lawyer) from our Law Firm as soon as possible ahead of important records intentionally (and legally) being destroyed.
* Check your vehicle insurance coverage policy for uncoordinated benefits. It is essential to quickly review your car insurance coverage policy and any extra-contractual coverage you may have. Some typical car insurance coverage policies could pose some prevalent pitfalls and loopholes. For example, some persons have lost thousands of dollars since they did not understand the coordination between health insurance plans and PIP.
* In no way sign a release or state an insurance adjuster. Because it is common practice for trucking companies to send defense attorneys, investigators, and insurance adjusters immediately to the crash scene to lessen the company’s liability, do not speak with them or sign anything. Otherwise, you could unknowingly relinquish your rights or put your truck accident claim in jeopardy. Never give statements to any truck crash promises adjuster and never sign a release or allow the adjuster to appear at the automobile injury without having your own truck accident attorney present. Merely tell the adjuster that you need to review the paperwork with your attorney and will get back to them with your response. Too many folks rush into signing an adjuster’s documents and do not have the language reviewed by an attorney. Thus, the injured person may waive their right to sue the negligent truck driver and the trucking company for accident-related personal injury. Claims adjusters regularly try to get recorded statements early, aiming to minimize the incident victim’s discomfort and incidents for later use in court. Even limited property damage releases can contain unrelated language releasing all personal incidents suffered from the auto accident.
Protect your rights and preserve your claim. Your financial security in the wake of a serious truck crash may depend on it. At our Law Firm, we provide aggressive, prompt, and ethical advocacy on behalf of individuals and families who have suffered a serious personal injury, accident injury, and wrongful death in truck accidents. Contact us today toll-free.